What next for race? Moving Britain forwardEvent type: Fringe Event
Location: Gallery Room, Hilton Garden Inn, Birmingham
Time & Date: Monday 3rd October, 4.15pm-5.45pm
Location: The Gallery Room, Hilton Garden Inn, Birmingham
The Conservative Party leadership contest has demonstrated the party’s pride in the progress that it has made on race and representation in Parliament. Looking to the Party’s future agenda on race, this Conservative Party Conference fringe event will discuss:
- How could the new government now go on to develop a constructive narrative and policy agenda to advance equity and fairness on race in Britain?
- Where can this build on progress to date, and which are the most significant disparities which should be policy priorities for the 2020s?
- And what role should we expect businesses and other major institutions to play in leading and delivering sustainable change? What strategies can drive change in companies?
- Siobhan Aarons – Co-founder of Conservatives Against Racism for Equality (Chair)
- Sunder Katwala – Director of British Future
- Samuel Kasumu – Former No.10 special adviser and prospective Mayor of London Conservative candidate
- Timi Okuwa – Interim CEO, Black Equity Organisation
- Senda Kavindele – Interim Head of Inclusion, Diversity and Equity at KPMG
This event is being hosted in partnership with KPMG, Black Equity Organisation and Conservatives Against Racism for Equality