2016 Internship Programme
Independent, non-partisan thinktank British Future is looking to recruit an ambitious individual for a 6-month paid intern position with a small, friendly and dedicated team seeking to engage people’s hopes and fears about integration and migration, opportunity and identity, so that we share a confident and welcoming Britain, inclusive and fair to all.
Terms: 6 months, full-time, Mon – Fri 10am – 6pm, 15 days holiday
Pay: London living wage.
Location: Kean House, 6 Kean Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2
Application Deadline: 12.00 Noon Monday November 23 2015
Interview Dates: All day 2 December 2015
Start Date: Ideally Beginning of February 2016
The Intern will support the organisation in the delivery of projects across communications, strategy and relationships, research, administration and events with attention being paid to the professional interests of the candidate. Appointments of six months will enable the postholder to gain experience delivering projects while learning about a range of issues in the not-for-profit sector. The postholder will participate in activities including social media, media communications, event support, research, building and maintaining the organisation’s database, and supporting a variety of administrative needs across the organisation, with opportunities for engagement with members and programmes across the sector.
- Good written and spoken English
- Confidence and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Understanding and interest in British politics, the UK media and contemporary debates around immigration, integration, national identity and opportunity.
- Strong attention to detail
- A creative approach and willingness to put forward ideas
- Good organisational skills
- Strong IT literacy, including WordPress and Excel.
- Personable and able to work with colleagues from across the organisation
- Able to demonstrate the impact you expect the internship would have on your career development
Posts will be offered for a period of six months, full-time.
Office hours are from 10am – 6pm for five days a week.
The Organisation is an equal opportunities employer.
How to apply
Please submit the following
- A CV (including references);
- A 400 word blog post on any aspect of integration, immigration, identity or opportunity that illuminates why you think these are important topics that you think would be suitable for our blog https://www.britishfuture.org/blog/ . Please consider the presentation of the document as well as content, including an embedded visual (eg a photo, graph, chart etc)
- A suggestion for an event that we could consider producing in the future
- A covering letter
To Elizabeth Gibson at email@example.com
Tel: 020 7632 9069
British Future is an equal opportunities employer