British Future is Hiring
We are currently accepting applications for our 2017-2018 Internship Programme.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious individual with an understanding and interest in British politics, the UK media and contemporary debates around immigration, integration, national identity and opportunity.
The Intern will support the organisation in the delivery of projects across communications, strategy and relationships, research, administration and events with attention being paid to the professional interests of the candidate.
Appointments of six months will enable the postholder to gain experience delivering projects while learning about a range of issues in the not-for-profit sector. The postholder will participate in activities including social media, media communications, event support, research, building and maintaining the organisation’s database, and supporting a variety of administrative needs across the organisation, with opportunities for engagement with members and programmes across the sector.
- Good written and spoken English
• Confidence and ability to work with minimal supervision
• Understanding and interest in British politics, the UK media and contemporary debates around immigration, integration, national identity and opportunity
• Strong attention to detail
• A creative approach and willingness to put forward ideas
• Good organisational skills
• Strong IT literacy, including WordPress. Powerpoint and Excel. Experience of design programmes like InDesign would be desirable but not essential
• Design and production of reports
• Personable and able to work with colleagues from across the organisation
• Able to demonstrate the impact you expect the internship would have on your career development
• Excellent research, analytical and drafting skills as well as the ability to communicate competently with a range of audiences
• Interest in developing qualitative research skills for example, running focus groups
• Numeracy and an ability to work with and analyse statistics
Closing Date: 14 July 2017
Application Deadline: 12.00 Noon.
Interview Date: 27 July 2017.
Start Date: Tuesday 29 August 2017.
Please submit the following:
• A CV (including references)
• A 600 word blog post on the broad theme of how we could improve Integration in British Society (this does not have to be the title of your blog). Please consider the presentation of the document as well as content, including an embedded visual or graphic
• A suggestion for an event that we could consider producing in the future
• A covering letter
To Elizabeth Gibson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 020 7632 9069
British Future is an equal opportunities employer.