2020 Internship Programme
Independent, non-partisan thinktank British Future is looking to recruit an ambitious individual for a 6-month paid intern position with a small, friendly and dedicated team seeking to engage people’s hopes and fears about integration and migration, opportunity and identity, so that we share a confident and welcoming Britain, inclusive and fair to all.
Terms: 6 months, full-time, Mon – Fri 9am – 5pm, 15 days holiday
Pay: London living wage.
Location: Kean House, 6 Kean Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2 4AS
Application Deadline: 23:59 Sunday 26th January 2020
Interview Date: Week beginning 3rd February 2020
Start Date: Week beginning 23rd March 2020
The Intern will support the organisation in the delivery of projects across communications, strategy and relationships, research, administration and events with attention being paid to the professional interests of the candidate.
Appointments of six months will enable the postholder to gain experience delivering projects while learning about a range of issues in the not-for-profit sector. The postholder will participate in activities including social media, media communications, event support, research and supporting a variety of administrative needs across the organisation, with opportunities for engagement with members and programmes across the sector.
- Good written and spoken English
- Confidence and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Understanding and interest in British politics, the UK media and contemporary debates around immigration, integration, national identity and opportunity.
- Numeracy and an ability to work with and analyse statistics
- Strong attention to detail
- A creative approach and willingness to put forward ideas
- Good organisational skills
- Strong IT literacy, including WordPress. Powerpoint and Excel. Design and production of reports
- Personable and able to work with colleagues from across the organisation
- Able to demonstrate the impact you expect the internship would have on your career development
- Excellent research, analytical and drafting skills as well as the ability to communicate competently with a range of audiences
- Interest in developing qualitative research skills for example, running focus groups.
Desirable but not essential
- Experience in organising and the delivery of events
- Experience of design programmes like InDesign
Posts will be offered for a period of six months, full-time.
Office hours are from 9am – 5pm for five days a week.
British Future is an equal opportunities employer.
How to apply
Please submit the following
- A CV (including references);
- A 600 word blog post intended for the British Future website addressing how the immigration agenda might be influenced in 2020. Please consider the presentation of the document as well as content, including an embedded visual or graphic.
- A covering letter
To Louise Hickmott at Louise@britishfuture.org
Tel: 020 7632 9069
British Future is an equal opportunities employer